Wednesday, August 29, 2012

C A R N I V A L [LONDON STYLE]

It comes around every year and with every year it gets bigger and louder. The Notting Hill Carnival is the largest street festival in Europe and originated in 1964 as a way for Afro-Caribbean communities to celebrate their own cultures and traditions. Taking place every August Bank Holiday weekend in the streets of London W11, the Notting Hill Carnival is an amazing array of sounds, colourful sights and social solidarity.

My images today were shot in a inspired way fromTommy Ton AKA Jak & Jil, the reason I was shooting like this was because there was so many people at the Carnival it was hard to get people to pose for a street style shot. What was really fun about shooting people today was that there was such a diverse array of cultures, looks & styles. For me to shoot details of people, I had to really get close up to them, sometimes sneaking behind them or by the side as I am using a 50mm manual foucs Nikon lens. 















No comments: